Because JDownloader is written in cross-plattform Java it can also run on many different NAS products and embedded devices.
In order to run JDownloader on your device the following minimum requirements must be met:
- at least Java 1.6
- supported Java Versions: 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, Java9, Java10, Java11, Java12, Java13, Java14, Java15, Java16, Java17, Java 18, Java 19.....
- following JVMs are known to work/are supported: OpenJDK, Adoptium, AdoptOpenJDK, Oracle, IBM, Zulu, Zing, Corretto, Microsoft
- recommended Java Version: 1.8
- minimum of 128 MB RAM (less is possible but not recommended)
- recommended: 256 MB for headless, 512 MB with GUI
- about 100 MB disk space
Short overview of known supported devices (highly depends on hardware specification like CPU/RAM/OS)
Some of these e.g. Synology devices will require extra install instructions which you will find by clicking on them!
- Raspberry PI
- Banana Pi
- ...please let us know about more supported boards
How to install JDownloader on headless (no graphical userinterface) devices and control it via MyJDownloader webinterface:
- Create a folder where you want to install JDownloader to
- example: "mkdir /path/JDownloader" replace path with installation parent folder)
- Download JDownloader.jar (4.515.187 bytes|SHA256:30ecf0a8508f4fa3fac008f179ec9f9d2d48267af6af2bd4bb7729721bfa9cb8) or copy existing JDownloader.jar (and place it into that folder)
- Start JDownloader installation
java -jar JDownloader.jar -norestart
- Repeat step 3.1 until JDownloader asks you to enter your MyJDownloader logins on console
- You can now remote control your JDownloader instance via MyJDownloader
- Start JDownloader with
java -jar JDownloader.jar & (without the -norestart parameter!)
- Checkout the other articles in this headless category - especially these useful headless hints.
- Much fun with JDownloader and MyJDownloader :)