Click'n'Load does not work
Click and load is a comfortable way of adding links to JDownloader.
The following steps will try to fix it for you in case you're having trouble with it.
Browser specific issues
Firefox: [Workaround] CNL popup does not appear in Firefox version 105 or above
It looks a firefox bug, because the "chrome.windows.create" extension api method no longer works properly when "Homepage and new windows" is customized.
See our forum thread about this issue.
- Open Firefox, click on the three item menu in the top right corner -> Settings -> Home New Windows and Tabs -> Set this to
Firefox Home (Default)
- Check if CNL is working for you now.
If it still doesn't work, try the following steps:
- Highlight the address bar in Firefox, type in
about:profiles and hit enter.
- Create a new profile and use this when using CNL.
It should also be possible to reset your current profile but this will delete all of your stored cookies/passwords/bookmarks!
Important: If you were using a Firefox account in your old profile, disable "Sync Settings" when creating a new profile otherwise you will have the same issue again!
- Now using that newly created profile, CNL should work fine again.
Safari: Problems with CNL whenever a website is using https
If a website is using https, Safari forces https for localhost requests too which will fail due to unknown certificate.
Solution: Manually open the following link one time in Safari and accept the unknown certificate: https://127.0.0.1:9666/jdcheck.js
Now CNL should be working fine again.
Check if iCloud Private Relay is active.
If so, disable it and try again.
Further generic troubleshooting
- In case you're using a VPN, deactivate it and try again.
Some VPN applications may block localhost communication.
In case this was what has caused your issue, you can work around it by installing our myjdownloader browser addon.
You need to add your myjdownloader account to your JDownloader and you also need to be logged in in our myjdownloader browser addon!
- If you're using our myjdownloader browser addon:
a. Open the options of our myjdownloader addon, scroll all the way down and note down the version number you see there.
b. Now uninstall our myjdownloader addon, then re-install it and login if you were logged in before.
Then compare the version tof the addon that you have now with the one you had before.
If your current version number is higher than the previous one your browser may have failed to auto-update our addon.
Now check if CNL is working for you.
If it still doesn't work:
If you're using myjdownloader to control a JDownloader instance which is running on another computer, make sure the following requirements are fulfilled:
- You need to be logged in myjdownloader on the computer you're remote-controlling
- Myjd browser addon needs to be installed in your browser
--> You also need to be logged in into your myjd account in the browser addon!
Most likely you were having trouble adding links because:
- you haven't used the myjd addon/session for a longer period of time and were automatically logged out
- you've changed your myjd password but forgot to change it in the browser addon or the JDownloader you're remote-controlling
- If you're using the browser addon NoScript, configure it properly as described in this article.
If you're unsure whether or not NoScript is configured properly, temporarily uninstall it and check if CNL is working then.
- If you're using any other browser addons except our myjdownloader addon, remove all addons (except our myjdownloader addon) and try again.
- The website owner who implemented CNL might have made a mistake.
To verify this, simply check if our example is working for you.
(There is a button "Add Link to JDownloader" - click it.)
If our example is working fine but CNL on the website on which you were trying to use CNL is not, contact the website owner and ask for a fix.
Tags: Click and Load, CNL