Cookie login instructions
This guide is only relevant for a hand full of services! Most of all times you will get a message in JD that leads you to this article.
Do not try these instructions on other than the advised websites in JD - it won't work!
In some rare cases you may be advised by one of our supporters to try this login method for a specified service even if the JDownloader application did not ask you to do so.
Most of all services require you to enter your E-Mail/username & password in JD but for some, the following process is required or can optionally be used instead:
1. If your browser supports browser profiles, create a separate browser profile to initiate the login session that you will open later throughout this guide.
Alternatively you can use a private/incognito window. In this case make sure to allow the addons described below to be used in private browsing otherwise your private window will open without browser addons.
It is not recommended to use your current/normal browser session because JD could interfere with it and e.g. change the default language of the website you are about to login.
2. Use your browser to login into the website you want to use with JD like you normally do.
If that website has a checkbox during its' login process like "Keep session", "Trust this computer" or "Do not ask again", enable it!
Do not logout in your browser afterwards as this would terminate your session in JD too. Simply close your browser window once you're done with the last step of these instructions.
3. Exporting your cookies
Now you need to export the cookies of the website you've just logged in and import them into JD.
This requires you to install one of the following browser addons. Which one you choose is up to you - some may not be available for all browsers.
FlagCookies (Firefox, Chrome, Opera)
a. Install the open source addon Flag Cookies (Firefox | Chrome | Opera).
b. Visit the website you want JD to login into.
c. Click on the addons' symbol --> Preferences --> Scroll down until you see the "Export cookie data to clipboard" button from the screenshot below and click on it:
Now continue with the next numbered step down below.
EditThisCookie (Chrome, Opera)
a. Install the open source addon EditThisCookie.
b. Visit the website you want JD to login into and then export your cookies as shown in the screenshot below.
Doing this will copy your cookies into your clipboard so you are ready to continue with the next numbered step down below.
4. Importing your cookies in JDownloader
Open JD and go to
Account Manager, click on
Add account and look for the website you want to login into and for which you've exported your cookies.
Enter your username/E-Mail into the username field, paste your exported cookies into the password field and click
JDownloader should accept your account after a few seconds.
Troubleshooting: Login with exported cookies isn't working - what to do?
- Make sure that the cookies you've exported are for exactly the domain that is shown in JD e.g. if you want to login into "drive.google.com", export your cookies while you're logged in and have opened the website "https://drive.google.com/bla".
Some websites might redirect you to another domain than the one you've selected in JD e.g. inside JD it is 'example.de' but that redirects you to 'example.com'.
In this case you can try it with that other domain anyways.
- Open the website you want to login into in your browser, logout and clear your browsers' cookies and try again.
You may also try again with another cookie export addon than you've tried in the first place (the above instructions list at least two possible browser addons).
- Try again with another browser.
- If you think you've followed these instructions correctly but you just can't get it to work, you can contact our support.