Cookie login instructions
This guide is only relevant for a hand full of services! Most of all times you will get a message in JD that leads you to this article.
Do not try these instructions on other than the advised websites in JD - it won't work!
In some rare cases you may be advised by one of our supporters to try this login method for a specified service although JD did not ask you to do so.
Most of all services simply require you to enter your E-Mail/username & password in JD but for some, the following process is required or can optionally be used instead:
1. If your browser supports browser profiles, create a separate browser profile to initiate the login session that you will open later throughout this guide.
Alternatively you can use a private/incognito window. In this case make sure to allow the addons described below to be used in private browsing otherwise your private window will open without browser addons.
It is not recommended to use your current/normal browser session because JD could interfere with it and e.g. change the default language of the website you are about to login.
2. Use your browser to login into the website you want to use with JD like you normally do.
If that website has a checkbox like "Keep session" or "Trust this computer", enable it!
3. Exporting your cookies
Now you need to export the cookies of the website you've just logged in and import them into JD.
This requires a different process depending on the browser you're using:
Opera & Chrome
a. Install the open source addon EditThisCookie.
b. Visit the website you want JD to login into and then export your cookies as shown in the screenshot below.
Doing this will copy your cookies into your clipboard so you are ready to continue with step 4.
a. Install the open source addon Flag Cookies
b. Visit the website you want JD to login into.
c. Click on the addons' symbol --> Preferences --> Scroll down until you see the "Export cookie data to clipboard" button from the screenshot below and click on it:
Now continue with step 4.
4. Importing your cookies in JDownloader
Open JD and go to Settings -> Account Manager, click on Add account and look for the website you want to login into and for which you've exported your cookies.
Enter your username/E-Mail into the username field and paste your exported cookies into the password field.
JDownloader should accept your account after a few seconds.
1. Make sure that the cookies you've exported are for exactly the domain that is shown in JD e.g. if you want to login into "drive.google.com", export your cookies while you're logged in and have opened the website "https://drive.google.com/bla".
Some websites might redirect you to another domain than the one you've selected in JD e.g. inside JD it is 'example.de' but that redirects you to 'example.com'.
In this case you can try it with that other domain anyways but if it doesn't work, you might need to contact our support so we can fix this.
2. If you think you've followed these instructions correctly but you just can't get it to work, you can contact our support.