How to backup/restore your JD configuration
This can be helpful if you:
- Are moving from one computer/OS to another
- Simply want to have a backup
- Are re-installing JDownloader and want to keep your previous config
[Beginners] How to create a backup?
- Click on File --> Backup --> Backup all settings
- Select your save path and confirm.
- A file with the ending ".jd2backup" will be created in your selected folder.
This includes the following information:
- LinkGrabber List
- All settings
- All of your accounts
- EventScripter scripts
- Basically everything from inside the "[Your JD install dir]/cfg" folder
[Beginners] How to restore a backup?
- Click on File --> Backup --> Restore settings
- Select your previously saved file and confirm
- JD will restart with your restored settings
[Advanced & Headless users] How to backup- and restore your JDownloader configuration via configuration folder backup (settings, accounts, downloadlist etc.)?
Alternative: How to backup your config even if JDownloader doesn't start at all e.g. due to a broken installation.
Inside your JDownloader install dir you can find a folder called cfg.
This folder contains your complete config so you can manually create a backup of it.
You can of course use external backup applications to automatically create backups from said folder.
Examples of such applications:
Windows, Linux, Mac: FreeFileSync (link), Syncthing (link)
Linux: Resilio (link)
Restoring a cfg folder backup
Copy the previously stored cfg folder over to your new JDownloader installation.