- In case you want to manually take a look at your logs: Logs are kept within your 'installation path\logs\' within sessions sub directories. Logs are kept in raw text and you can open them in your favourite text-editor.
- Debug Logs:
If requested by your supporter, please provide debug logs!
Account based issues and some other actions are not logged by default, you will need to enable 'Debug mode' as follows:
1. Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Search for
Log: Debug Mode and enable this)
2. Restart JDownloader -> Follow the instructions below
How to upload Logs
- If a supported has asked you to post logs, re-read the post of your JD supporter: In case debug-logs are required you first need to enable those (see the beginning of this article)!
If your issue is account/login related, debug logs are always required!
Restart JDownloader and make sure that you re-create the issue you are having so that it gets logged.
If e.g. your problem is that you cannot add your account for a specified website, try to add your account 2-3 times so that your problem gets logged.
- Go to Help → Create a Log.
Select the 'date & times' that your given problem occurred - do not
just select everything!
Select Continue and provide your logID in the format
to your supporter (copy and paste).Important:
If you forget to give us your log-ID, none of our supporters will be able to view your logs!
If that happens, just start over again and upload another log.
How to upload Logs on Headless / myjdownloader
Basically the same as above but you will find the "Upload Log" button under Settings --> Create A Log